Dova is currently recruiting a Field Development Manager (FDM) to join our team, reporting to the Regional Sales Director, to be based in one of the following 7 regions: (1) West; (2) South Central; (3) North Central; (4) Great Lakes; (5) Southeast; (6) Mid Atlantic; or (7) Northeast.
This role is a Hybrid role where your responsibilities are split (50/50) between driving performance as a Sr Territory Business Manager (TBM) and Field Development responsibilities. The FDM will partner with his/her Regional Sales Director, Sales Learning and Sales Operations to analyze and generate key customer insights and analytics, and conduct field rides with Sr TBMs to provide training and coaching across the assigned region. The Sr TBM responsibilities with include developing and executing a territory strategy that works collaboratively across a matrix organization to appropriately address customer needs and ensure that we deliver on our sales targets. Additionally, you will develop deep customer insights, build and maintain strong professional relationships with physicians (Hepatologists, Gastroenterologists, Hematologists), pharmacists, nurses, office staff and other health care providers in the patient care continuum.
To be successful in this role, you will possess an entrepreneurial, leadership and innovative spirit while working strategically and operationally in equal measure.
Travel is approximately 25%, depending on where you reside.
• Work with Regional and National leadership to develop and measure key sales priorities.
• Serve as point for Regional Sales Director for generation of key sales performance metrics and region initiatives.
• Conduct field rides with Sr TBMs while providing feedback and coaching to enhance their selling skills, relevant product and disease state knowledge, and customer focus.
• Assess and communicate sales-specific needs to Sales Training and Development and appropriate Home Office personnel. The FDM will act as the primary point of contact responsible for coordinating with the RSD, Sales Learning and Sales Operations and all appropriate personnel to initiate, develop and deliver local and Regional field-based training and development programs.
• Responsible for representing Dova’s products and services to a customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner.
• Utilize your deep understanding of disease states, relevant competitor products, and the issues and opportunities unique to each geography to tailor interactions with specific customers.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Patient Access Program & Distribution Models.
• Support KOL advocacy and execute company-sponsored speaker program plan.
• Use networks and relationships to enhance partnerships by creating opportunities for direct contact between key customers and home office staff.
• Leverage technology best practices, share technology solutions with others, and use communication technology to increase efficiency and productivity of territory.
• Communicate frequently with other TBMs across the country and cross-functional counterparts such as Marketing, Sales Ops, Market Access, Training, and Medical to create alignment of business plan, focus on strategic drivers, and sharing best practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
• Proven success in a specialty product sales role and rare/orphan disease and/or specialty experience for minimum of 3 years preferred.
• Proven track record of success in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field and pharmaceutical industry.
• Previous experience in developmental or expanded roles is highly sought after (i.e. Account Executive, Operations Manager, Acting District Manager, sales training, etc.).
• Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment.
• Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, and influencing and negotiating skills.
• Strict compliance, both in own behavior and behavior of sales team, with Dova’s commercial compliance policy, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination.
As this position requires operation of a vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: (1) at least 21 years of age; (2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and (3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
When applying for this role through the Dova website, please specify your region of interest.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.