Dova is currently recruiting for a dynamic individual in a newly created position of Assistant Controller to join our Accounting team in Durham, reporting to the Controller. In this position, you will play an integral role within the Accounting Department, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and providing support to the Controller. This role is a hands-on, highly visible position within the organization.
To be successful in this role, you must be team-oriented, energetic, have a keen attention to detail, and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual closing process to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
• Ensure the accurate and timely filing of Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and additional SEC filings as needed.
• Research new accounting guidance from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements.
• Review journal entries, account reconciliations and other reports to ensure the financial statements and financial reporting packages are complete and accurate.
• Maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure proactive and accurate interpretation and application of US GAAP.
• Develop and oversee the company’s global SOX process to ensure compliance.
• Lead the audit process with the company’s outside auditing firm.
• Provide support to the Controller on ad hoc projects and responsibilities, including M&A project due diligence and possible acquisition integrations when needed.
• Assist with budgeting and forecasting for items that require significant technical accounting understanding.
• Act as back-up to the Controller on Treasury responsibilities.
• Assist Controller with research and development on complex accounting issues using authoritative guidance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience.
• Prior Big 4 Public Accounting experience and CPA (or other equivalent designation) required.
• Recent SEC reporting experience and a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
• Exposure to multiple entity consolidation and foreign currency translation.
• Ability to lead an effective team to expedite the timely completion of critical projects with other functional groups.
• Prior experience with an ERP system is strongly preferred.
• Integrity, high ethical and professional standards.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Self-starter, proactive thinker who seeks to continually improve business processes.
• Must be able and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that often requires commitment of more than 40 hours a week.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.