Dova is currently recruiting a Director, IT to join our team in Durham, NC. In the role, you will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at the location. This includes directing all IT operations to meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Establishes, documents and maintains strong IT general controls and application controls.
- Ensures all procedures support the accurate and complete transmission of financial data while keeping asset-bearing accounts secure from unauthorized access through proper security administration.
- Develops backup processes, a data recovery plan and a documentation management system to ensure preservation of company records.
- Anticipates, initiates and responds to operational challenges involved in managing complex and highly integrated IT infrastructure services and support.
- Leads projects such as new tools and rollouts of business related software and hardware, standards, processes and procedures, and training.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by internal users and recommends technical solutions – proactively ensures interoperability of all systems.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Develops IT infrastructure standards, governance policies, application change controls and technical system documentation.
- Creates solutions and owns key decisions to maximize the performance, uptime, and supportability of infrastructure components and systems.
- Ensures on time delivery and receipt of data files across systems including Veeva CRM, Veeva Network, Concur, and data files to/from 3PL, Hub, Specialty Pharmas, Copay Assistance providers, digital marketing, speaker programs, MSLs, and other data sources.
- Provides expert-level technical system analysis and problem resolution for complex problems.
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Assists and supports analytical efforts regarding cybersecurity policy and strategy.
- Ensures a high level of workstation technical support for employees and authorized users of the network and resources, including workstation configuration and installation and system update maintenance.
- 8+ years’ experience in roles of increasing scope and responsibility including project management, application development, infrastructure management and security administration.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, documentation and support.
- Experience with ERP systems, such as NetSuite and other support systems (i.e. Concur).
- Experience with data sharing between commercial pharma systems such as Veeva, IntegriChain, PharmaMetrics, Prometrics, Concur, Sunshine Act reporting tools, etc.
- Excellent organization, project management and time management skills.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Experience in commercial biotech/pharma company preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Occasional travel to other locations, partner organizations, or industry meetings may be required.