Position: Director Managed Markets (locations: U.S.- East and West)
Reports to: Vice President Market Access
The Director Managed Markets, will identify and develop working relationships with key decision makers in management of formulary coverage and treatment guidelines at targeted National and Regional plans within assigned geography. This includes Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), State Medicaid, Hospital / Institutions, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Federal Accounts, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other emerging markets, as appropriate. This individual will place themselves in a position to influence decision making process at all levels, including Pharmacy, Medical and Clinical Policy. Cross-functional leadership and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders is essential in the Director Managed Markets role.
- This is a customer facing position that is responsible for building, sustaining and continuously improving the organizations perception in the payer environment during interactions for Dova’s products.
- Responsible for developing strong account relationships at all levels for the purpose of gaining appropriate access and maximizing sales of Dova’s current and future product portfolio.
- Develop and execute strategic plans that assess product positioning within targeted payers in assigned geography including: PBM’s, National and Regional Commercial Payers, Government, and other target accounts as defined by business needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision making for policy, coverage, and patient access to existing and future Dova product indications.
- Expert level understanding of reimbursement process, specialty pharmacy capabilities within assigned geography and targeted payer and institutional responsibilities.
- Assist Managed Markets leadership in segment support, which includes account management and development, implementation of departments strategic imperatives, brand planning and pull through, case management, and cross-functional collaboration that supports organizational goals.
- Function as expert for Dova’s treatments with the ability to educate, and ensure pull through effectiveness for all patient support and access programs including HUB, distribution, co-pay programs.
- Responsible for removing access barriers and making appropriate recommendations to senior leadership team to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Critical skill set to successfully collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with the managed care execution of the overall corporate strategy.
- Project management skills (leading without authority), with the ability to handle multiple tasks, assignments, and business partners.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years pharmaceutical industry experience in sales, management, marketing, managed care or other relevant commercial function.
- Managed Care experience required with strong National and Regional Account Management experience within both commercial (private) and government (public) payer systems.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to foster a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Strong account management skill set with extensive experience in strategic/tactical planning, execution and negotiation skills with proven track record of success.
- Up to 50% travel required.