Dova is currently recruiting a Director, Managed Markets to join our Market Access team, reporting to our Vice President, Market Access and based from a home-office in the Central US region:
In the role of Director, Market Access, you will be responsible for identifying and developing working relationships with key decision makers in management of formulary coverage and treatment guidelines at targeted National and Regional plans within assigned geography. This includes Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), State Medicaid, Hospital / Institutions, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Federal Accounts, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other emerging markets, as appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to influence the decision-making process at all levels, including Pharmacy, Medical and Clinical Policy. Cross-functional leadership and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders is essential.
• Customer-facing role that is responsible for building, sustaining and continuously improving the organizations’ perception in the payer environment during interactions for Dova’s products.
• Responsible for developing strong account relationships at all levels to gain appropriate access and maximize sales of Dova’s current and future product portfolio.
• Develop and execute strategic plans that assess product positioning within targeted payers in assigned geography including: PBM’s, National and Regional Commercial Payers, Government, and other target accounts as defined by business needs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for policy, coverage, and patient access to existing and future Dova product indications.
• Expert level understanding of reimbursement process, specialty pharmacy capabilities within assigned geography and targeted payer and institutional responsibilities.
• Assist Managed Markets leadership in segment support, which includes account management and development, implementation of departments strategic imperatives, brand planning and pull through, case management, and cross-functional collaboration that supports organizational goals.
• Function as expert for Dova’s treatments with the ability to educate, and ensure pull through effectiveness for all patient support and access programs including HUB, distribution, and co-pay programs.
• Responsible for removing access barriers and making appropriate recommendations to senior leadership team to maximize revenue and profitability.
• Successfully collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with the managed care execution of the overall corporate strategy.
• Project management skills (leading without authority), with the ability to handle multiple tasks, assignments, and business partners.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required.
• Managed Care experience required with strong National and Regional Account Management experience within both commercial (private) and government (public) payer systems.
• A minimum of 8-10 years pharmaceutical industry experience in sales, management, marketing, managed care or other relevant commercial function.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to foster a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and operational excellence.
• Strong account management skill set with extensive experience in strategic/tactical planning, execution and negotiation skills with proven track record of success.
• Up to 50% travel required.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.