Director, Sales Training
Dova is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing treatments for patients suffering from orphan diseases. The company’s lead investigational compound, avatrombopag, is in the process of completing two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials researching its use as a potential treatment for thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic liver disease undergoing an elective procedure. For more information on the company visit www.dova.com.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with brand team and sales leadership to establish training objectives and initiatives that translate strategy into actionable, goal-oriented behavior by Commercial Field Teams.
- Partner and strategize with alliance partner to assess and determine field needs for continuing education
- Proactively assess knowledge gaps within field teams and in collaboration with appropriate colleagues, work to address gaps through training initiatives and programs.
- Continuously evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current training programs and identify, as necessary, improvements that serve to sustain and improve comprehension, application and competence.
- In collaboration with sales, marketing, regulatory, legal and compliance to implement and direct the development of training workshops to support the National and regional POA Sales Meetings.
- Design new hire and advanced training phased learning across onboarding, home study curriculums, live training programs, POA Meetings, and National Sales Meetings.
- Identify, develop and implement advanced learning programs focused on core Competencies, selling skills and account planning that serve to improve the effectiveness of field teams.
- Maintain a practical and current knowledge of effective adult learning principles, immersion learning and training technologies and recommend appropriate updates to tactics as necessary.
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of highly engaged training professionals.
- Responsible for ensuring all training materials conform to appropriate regulatory, medical, and legal compliance guidance.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech Sales and/or Sales Training roles
- Experience with life sciences regulations and process
- Proven leadership, analytical and communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to travel 20%
To apply please send CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org