Dova is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing treatments for patients suffering from orphan diseases. The company’s lead investigational compound, avatrombopag, is in the process of completing two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials researching its use as a potential treatment for thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic liver disease undergoing an elective procedure. For more information on the company visit www.dova.com.
The Director Specialty Pharmacy, will be responsible for complete business ownership of the specialty pharmacy network for achievement of identified business goals of the organization. In this role, they will lead the negotiation, design and implementation of customer programs with designated customers to maximize patient access and optimize product profitability. Requirements include cross-functional initiatives with legal to establish contracts, operating procedures and requirements to ensure successful implementation into existing specialty pharmacy strategies as appropriate. This will involve managing distribution process, data reporting and business relationships with appropriate individuals within assigned accounts.
• Analyze existing specialty pharmacy network performance and explore ways to optimize the patient’s experience when receiving our therapy.
• Review specialty pharmacy programs and collaborate with Managed Markets, Marketing, & Sales to enhance patient compliance and adherence.
• Evaluate trends in our pharmacy network to maximize access for new product launch.
• Ongoing enhancement and management of pharmacy network partners for optimal patient access.
• Manage contract implementation and execution with selected specialty pharmacy partners to ensure business objectives are achieved.
• Provide strategic input into existing programs and any new opportunities based on organizational business and Marketing goals.
• Initiate planning with Managed Markets, Marketing and Sales, to develop effective strategies regarding pharmacy benefit opportunities.
• Plan, lead and execute specialty pharmacy business reviews & lead efforts for new and expanded services with payers and specialty pharmacies.
• Ensure proper data reporting capabilities are maintained to achieve corporate performance goals.
• Review and report weekly product demand to ensure inventory is aligned with product utilization.
• Identify regional, and national opportunities and potential barriers to ensure corporate success.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required.
• Minimum of 7+ years in the Branded Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industries with prior experience in Specialty Pharmacy roles.
• Excellent communication (written & verbal), presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, and computer (MS office Suite) skills.
• This position will require up to 50% travel.