Dova is currently recruiting a Manager, Legal Affairs to join our team in Durham, NC, reporting to our General Counsel. In the role of Manager, Legal Affairs, you will be responsible for contract management, negotiating a variety of company agreements, and providing general corporate assistance.
To be successful in this role, you must be energized by working in a complex and fast-paced environment, and be able to quickly understand and support business objectives with sound and ethical judgment.
• Collaborating with business functions to draft and/or negotiate a wide variety of contracts (e.g. Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Statements of Work, Clinical Development agreements, etc.)
• Management of contract template processes, including systematic reviews of templates and playbooks, and incorporation of best contracting practices and provisions
• Works with internal and external attorneys, Compliance and other business functions to ensure that templates are in compliance with legal requirements and best practices
• Ensure that contracts are thoroughly reviewed for legal, compliance, risk management, tax and finance issues prior to submitting for internal approvals
• Ensure that agreements are reviewed and handled in a timely manner, and all agreement records are accurately maintained in contract management system
• Independently support contract needs of assigned business departments and act as the primary liaison for agreements between business and legal departments
• Arrange and conduct meetings with senior leaders and business stakeholders to understand business priorities; to provide update on the status of assigned agreements; and to respond to inquiries related to agreements including contractual terms.
• Work cross functionally with various departments to resolve issues related to contracting and support cross-functional initiatives
• Assist with corporate entity registration and renewal of company entities
• Draft documentation for filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
• Assist with and update corporate minutes and communicate with corporate officers;
• Perform administrative functions including: scheduling meetings/conference calls, maintaining departmental files (electronic or otherwise), managing contract documentation flow and ongoing maintenance of the contract management system utilized by company
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of direct contract experience, preferably with a publicly traded Biotech / Pharmaceutical company
• JD or educational background in applicable scientific field is a plus.
• Strong contract drafting, negotiating and analytical skills
• A dynamic self-starter with a positive attitude and strong influencing skills
• Ability to work successfully towards strict deadlines, as well as independently on multiple, simultaneous assignments
• Good judgment in working with clients, and occasionally under ambiguous or challenging circumstances
• Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and DocuSign
• Ability to work effectively and independently under tight deadlines, high frequency activity; prioritizing appropriately
• Experience with Contract Management systems
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
• Have extensive contract management experience
• Have strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong positive relationships with business stakeholders, including senior leaders.
• Be able to perform independent analysis of unique problems of increasing complexity and diversity, and propose solutions to attorney or supervisor as needed
• Have flexibility to take on special projects and/or additional responsibilities as needed
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.