Dova is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing treatments for patients suffering from orphan diseases. The company’s lead investigational compound, avatrombopag, is in the process of completing two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials researching its use as a potential treatment for thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic liver disease undergoing an elective procedure. For more information on the company visit www.dova.com.
The Medical Affairs Coordinator will be responsible for managing the grant process, ordering articles and assisting the medical review committee. Additionally this role will need to provide full administrative support, including calendar management, travel management, meetings/event management, and procurement for the medical affairs team . This role requires strong organizational skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Schedule and prepare meeting agendas, presentations and minutes for all Medical Review Committee Meetings.
- Lead the grant process, to include administering and tracking all healthcare-related educational grants and charitable donations supported by Dova Pharmaceuticals, and provide support to other office duties. including gathering all paperwork.
- Manage meeting materials for grant review committee, to include but not limited to; develop meeting agenda, grant review packets, and maintain and distribute meeting minutes.
- Act as the lead contact for ordering articles for all internal personnel.
- Proficiency with Outlook in order to manage busy calendars, schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events, including exercising discretion as to priority and decision-making responsibility.
- Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel reports under normally tight time constraints.
- Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications for medical affairs team members.
- Maintains awareness of new systems with potential impact on administrative work and develops personal expertise in new systems.
- Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Work with leaders to help prioritize work and realize efficiencies within the team.
- Meeting planning for Medical Affairs team
Education and Experience
- A minimum of two years of administrative support experience.
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm is desired.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills, high level of attention to detail and the ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels.
- Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments.
- Should be able to work autonomously, and at the same time collaborate and partner effectively with other members of the medical affairs and administrative support community.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, in person and in writing.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Flexible to adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Must be able to demonstrate tact, persuasion and/or negotiation