Medical Director, Clinical
Dova is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing treatments for patients suffering from orphan diseases. The company’s lead investigational compound, avatrombopag, is in the process of completing two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials researching its use as a potential treatment for thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic liver disease undergoing an elective procedure. For more information on the company visit www.dova.com.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide strategic leadership for programs that integrate the individual’s extensive knowledge in the disease area, knowledge from the medical community around the world and the commercial, research, regulatory, and medical research goals in the disease area.
- Develop approaches and protocols to demonstrate efficacy through the use of both clinical biomarker endpoints.
- Execute phase III trial as medical lead
- Integrate the scientific rationale, regulatory requirements, product development plan, and commercial goals to build a solid strategic framework for the late stage Clinical Development Plan.
- Establish appropriately aggressive clinical development timelines, incorporating key decision points and Go/No Go criteria.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program counterparts in Commercial, Research, Regulatory, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, and Statistics.
- Contribute to the development of strategic initiatives, specific Business Development activities and various organizational initiatives in Clinical Development
- Three to five years of experience in clinical research.
- Industry experience, particularly in development within the disease area including phase III experience, is desirable
- Strong organizational skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to represent the department on project teams, committees and external meetings.
- Effective cross functionally with an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting and employ a team approach to decision making.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to direct global life cycle management.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Medical degree
To apply please send CV and letter of interest to email@example.com