Dova is currently recruiting an Office Associate to provide general office and administrative support, based in our Durham, NC office. In the role of Office Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring that various day-to-day office needs are being met.
To be successful in this role, you must be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. You are well-organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office comprised of diverse people.
• Provide administrative support including departmental correspondence and understand the daily management and operations of the computer and printer, phones and voicemail, mail, calendars, faxing, copying, and scanning.
• Manage ordering of office supplies, including food and beverage items, assuring proper levels are maintained.
• Operate audio and video equipment with the ability to coordinate conferencing with large groups. Ability to use advanced features and external components of equipment with the ability to troubleshoot problems.
• Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and work-related errands.
• Coordinate with 3rd party IT department on all office equipment and new hire set ups.
• Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord.
• Arrange for and track all employee key cards.
• Provide general support to visitors.
• Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of office equipment procurement, layouts and office systems.
• Organize orientation, in conjunction with Human Resources, and assist in coordinating the training of new staff members.
• Prepare expense reports.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Coordinate Free-lunch Fridays menus, delivery, clean-up, as well as other in-office events (i.e. Monthly Town Hall, birthday celebrations, etc.).
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• 2+ years related experience of administrative support.
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Must have strong writing and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail
• Interact pleasantly and confidently with employees at all levels.
• Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.