Payroll Accountant/Stock Plan Administrator
Dova is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing treatments for patients suffering from orphan diseases. The company’s lead investigational compound, avatrombopag, is in the process of completing two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials researching its use as a potential treatment for thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic liver disease undergoing an elective procedure. For more information on the company visit www.dova.com.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Aid in the implementation of New payroll software.
• Preparation of semi-monthly payroll for all Dova Pharmaceuticals, Inc. employees including assisting in multi-state payroll processing using ADP Workforce Now and ADP Time and Attendance modules.
• Maintain payroll information working within ADP Work Force Now and ADP Payroll Time and Attendance modules.
• Preparation of Journal Entry reports for each payroll period for Accounting to use in posting to the GL
• Provide new hires with all payroll and benefit paperwork. Provide follow up as needed and once paperwork is received distribute to ADP and benefit third party administrator.
• Maintain up to date new hire payroll paperwork in compliance with federal and state payroll laws including maintenance of employee profiles within the payroll software.
• Assist with schedules and reconciliations of withholding liabilities, payroll accounts, flexible spending account and 401K reconciliations. Resolve all discrepancies.
• Assist with compliance of federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Review and analyze applicable payroll reports.
• Setup unemployment and withholding accounts by State as needed
• Provide payroll information for Workers Comp audits and insurance renewals as needed.
• Understand the processing of garnishments and execute pay orders.
• Responsible for oversight of quarterly and annual payroll tax compliance and reporting.
• Manage all federal and state agency notices received to ensure delivery to third party vendor for resolution if appropriate or resolve internally.
• Performs analysis and review agency tax notices provided by third party administrator to ensure appropriate remittance.
• Work closely with Human Resources and Accounting/Finance Teams to gather and provide information as requested.
• Offers assistance to HR to maintain employee personnel files
• Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures, including backup procedures for all aspects of payroll processing.
• Respond promptly and courteously to all payroll inquiries.
• Process termination and off cycle checks as requested.
• This position may have some Accounts Payable functions as well.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
• Stock Plan Administration to include:
o Lead the administration of the company’s equity incentive plan, including processing new equity awards, distribution and collection of online grant agreements and termination events
o Provide superior service to award recipients, resolving questions and participating in employee education seminars
o Process option exercises and/or sales, including preparing documentation and coordinating with payroll to ensure accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting
o Partner with legal, accounting/ finance and external auditors/tax to prepare data reports and analysis; coordinate the expensing and reconciliation of equity awards and assist with the periodic review of database integrity and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
o Maintain equity data, including developing and executing on a plan to house equity-related records in a stock plan administration system; identify and implement other best practices
o Coordinate with third party administrator and/or transfer agents
o Other Stock Plan Administration duties as deemed necessary.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in Stock Administration
• Familiarity with accounting and tax rules applicable to equity awards
• 3-5 years of payroll experience
• Ability to research and investigate discrepancies.
• Ability to work with sensitive, confidential information
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrates effective time management, multitasking and handles time sensitive demands, incomplete information or unexpected events.
• Proficiency with payroll software and demonstrated ability to learn and master new payroll software tools
• Above average computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, v lookups and pivot tables.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-starter, proactive thinker with a healthy dissatisfaction for the status quo, who initiates and drives change. Seeks to continually improve business processes.
• Experience in driving improvements and defining processes.
• Must be able and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that often requires commitment of more than 40 hours a week.
• Commitment to employee service with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results.
• Professional who places extreme importance on integrity and confidentiality.