Dova is currently recruiting a Regional Sales Director, West to join our team, reporting to the Head of Sales. In this role, you will manage and provide leadership for regional sales personnel to achieve and/or exceed sales and earnings for Dova. You will translate strategy to action, creating and setting a vision for the team, and building a productive and innovative team culture. As a Regional Sales Director, you will develop, communicate and execute business plans while leading a team of dynamic sales leaders.
Travel is 25-40% depending on where you will reside.
• Exhibit leadership of the region and leadership within the organization by setting a standard of excellence.
• Exercise judgment, integrity and equitable management practices necessary to guide the day-to-day activities of a diverse team.
• Develop and maintain solid customer relationships with key executives, decision-influencers and decision-makers at major centers, clinics and other accounts.
• Plan, track, reinforce and document measures of sales force effectiveness (i.e., adherence to strategy, tactical implementation, program planning, proper use of funds, reach and frequency on targets, etc.) and performance at the regional level in order to meet National sales objectives.
• Provide feedback and coaching to sales team, responsible for enhancing their selling skills, developing expert product and disease state knowledge, customer focus and increasing skills in time management and resource allocation.
• Recruit, hire and manage a team of specialists within the Dova sales organization. Work with team to create learning plans, recommend training and development solutions, and provide mentoring and coaching as appropriate.
• Analyze and coordinate activities resulting from identified industry trends, competitor’s resources and practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
• Prior experience as a Region or District Sales Manager in Pharmaceutical sales, or equivalent experience in leading across matrix teams is highly desirable.
• Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
• Successful track record of selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals.
• Proven track record of success in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field and pharmaceutical industry.
• Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, and influencing and negotiating skills.
• Ensure strict compliance, both in own behavior and behavior of sales team, with Dova’s commercial compliance policy, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination.
• Ability to successfully communicate business direction and vision to the region.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and effectively communicate scientific/technical business information, through understanding of applicable pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
• Understand and provides guidance on relevant human resource management issues, demonstrating capability to navigate complex people management issues.
• Experience in managing a successful product launch and/or product turnaround is a plus.
As this position requires operation of a vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: (1) at least 21 years of age; (2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and (3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.