Dova is currently recruiting for a Revenue Accountant to join our Accounting team in Durham, reporting to the Controller. In the role of Revenue Accountant, you will be an integral part of Dova’s Accounting team. You will be responsible for leading the overall management of all revenue-related activities in addition to ensuring that all revenue close functions are completed timely and are fairly stated in compliance with US GAAP, among other items.
To be successful in this role, you must be team-oriented, proactive, have a keen attention to detail, and have great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Perform month-end close tasks associated with revenue recognition, including the review of deferred revenue reconciliations, validating deferred revenue, and the posting of revenue journal entries as needed.
• Assist in developing a process to calculate variable consideration that will need to be established under ASC 606 “Revenue from Contracts with Customers” (“Topic 606”). Task will include but are not limited to updating the variable consideration estimate (monthly, quarterly and annually), reconciling the balance sheet accounts for revenue related reserves and performing any GTN type reporting required by management.
• Assist in reviewing contracts, sales orders and statements of work to assess proper revenue recognition treatment prior to deals being finalized.
• Assist in the preparation of revenue-related technical accounting memos documenting the Company’s accounting position/treatment for complex revenue transactions.
• Assist in training on revenue recognition rules, policies and practices to Sales and other departments within the organization as needed.
• Work with the external audit firm on all revenue recognition matters for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
• Recommend process improvements to streamline revenue tasks and shorten the revenue close calendar.
• Research new accounting revenue guidance from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements.
• Develop process narratives and assist with implementation and testing of SOX controls related to the revenue function.
• Maintain Company-wide Accounting and Finance policies related to revenue recognition.
• Involved in the preparation of budgets and long-range plan forecasts for all revenue related items.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
• Experience researching and documenting technical accounting matters.
• Experience in Topic 606 and a working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature related to revenue recognition preferred.
• Experience reviewing contracts and preparing technical accounting memorandums and ensuring compliance with US GAAP.
• Prior experience with NetSuite and QuickBooks is strongly preferred.
• Prior Big 4 Public Accounting experience and CPA designation a plus.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, v lookups and pivot tables.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work independently as well as part of a team to expedite completion of critical projects with other functional groups including FP&A and Sales Operations.
• Self-starter, proactive thinker who seeks to continually improve business processes.
• Must be able and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that often requires commitment of more than 40 hours a week
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.