Dova is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant - Travel Expenses to join our Accounting team in Durham, reporting to the Controller. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for leading the Travel & Entertainment Expense function. In this role, you will may also be involved with preparing Journal entries, assisting with T&E reconciliations, assisting with AP functions as needed and month/ year end Travel expense and AP accruals among other items.
To be successful in this role, you must be team-oriented, proactive, have a keen attention to detail, and have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Process employee travel and entertainment reports including accurate expense coding.
- Prepare and process journal entries related to expense reports.
- Prepare or process reimbursement requests outside of Concur as needed.
- Correspond with employees on expense reporting inquiries.
- Serve as the primary Concur administrator for travel and expense submission, review, approval and payment to the employee.
- Enforce company travel and entertainment policy.
- Maintain expense report files.
- Resolve discrepancies on T&E reports with employees when needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate employee expense report reimbursements.
- Assist and provide employee expense report documentation for yearend audits.
- Recommend and implement continuous process improvements that streamline processes or reduce errors.
- Assist with preparing month-end financial statements and reporting as it relates to travel and entertainment expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree from a 2-year college or equivalent (Finance or Accounting preferred).
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Prior experience with NetSuite and QuickBooks is strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, v lookups and pivot
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a
- Self-starter, proactive thinker who seeks to continually improve business
- Must be able and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that often requires commitment of more than 40 hours a
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Dova is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Dova are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.