Dova is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable to join our Accounting team in Durham, reporting to the Controller. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Accounts Payable function. You may also be involved with preparing journal entries, assisting with accounts payable reconciliations, processing T&E reports, and year-end 1099 reporting, among other items.
To be successful in this role, you must be team-oriented, proactive, have a keen attention to detail, and have great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Process vendor invoices with accurate GL expense coding including applying to open purchase orders.
• Prepare and process monthly journal entries as needed.
• Prepare check runs.
• Correspond with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries.
• Maintain vendor files and contact information.
• Serve as the primary Concur administrator for invoice processing.
• Ensure compliance with sales and use tax.
• Enforce proper accounting methods, policies and procedures around Accounts Payable.
• Maintain the process and system for purchase orders.
• Resolve disputes, discounts or adjustments with vendors as needed.
• Complete vendor credit applications when required.
• Manage vendor compliance by maintaining and requesting current W-9 and W-8 information.
• Reconcile vendor monthly statements as needed.
• Maintain contract database for purchase orders.
• Ensure timely and accurate vendor payments in accordance with vendor terms.
• Assist and provide vendor invoice documentation for year-end audits.
• Assist with preparing period-end financial statements and reporting for accounts payable and T&E reports.
• Preparation of year-end Forms 1099 and 1096.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate Degree or equivalent (Finance or Accounting preferred).
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Accounts Payable.
• Prior experience with NetSuite and QuickBooks preferred.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, v lookups and pivot tables.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Self-starter, proactive thinker who seeks to continually improve business processes.
• Must be able and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that often requires commitment of more than 40 hours a week.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.