Dova is currently recruiting a Staff Accountant to join our team in Durham. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for leading the payroll function in partnership with ADP’s TotalSource, as well as managing our stock plan. In this role, you will also be involved with preparing Journal Entry reports, internal financial statements and providing assistance with the general ledger, among other items.
To be successful in this role, you must be team-oriented, proactive, have a keen attention to detail, and have great customer service skills.
• Maintain payroll information and prepare semi-monthly payroll for all Dova Pharmaceuticals, Inc. employees including assisting in multi-state payroll processing using ADP Workforce Now and ADP Time and Attendance modules
• Manage all aspects of Dova’s Stock Plan Program, from processing new equity awards, distribution and collection of online grant agreements, to termination events
• Partner internally and externally to prepare data reports and analysis against our Stock Plan Program, while ensuring database integrity and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
• Prepare Journal Entry reports for each payroll period for Accounting to use in posting to the GL
• Assist with schedules and reconciliations of withholding liabilities, payroll accounts, flexible spending account and 401K reconciliation, and resolve any discrepancies
• Ensure compliance of federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
• Manage all federal and state agency notices received to ensure delivery to third party vendor for resolution if appropriate or resolve internally
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Finance or Accounting preferred)
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience (payroll, stock administration, and/or general accounting)
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills, with ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficiency with payroll software and demonstrated ability to learn and master new payroll software tools
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, v lookups and pivot tables
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Self-starter, proactive thinker who seeks to continually improve business processes
• Must be able and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that often requires commitment of more than 40 hours a week
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture coveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.