Dova is currently recruiting a Medical Science Liaison to join our team residing in the following geographic area: North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia or Tennessee.
In the role of Medical Science Liaison, you will be responsible for scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), education of health care providers on Dova’s products and clinical research support. You will function as a regional medical and scientific resource who works to pair the changing needs of healthcare professionals with appropriate available materials and services. In this role, you will work under the departmental guidance of the Executive Director in US Medical Affairs.
To be successful in this role, you must develop, maintain, and manage interactions with KOLs and other healthcare professionals in therapeutic areas of interest to Dova.
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of Dova, its products, current medical and scientific research and publications.
- Become a subject matter expert in the areas of gastroenterology, hepatology and hematology.
- Provide relevant medical and scientific support for healthcare providers, third-party payers, and other managed care audiences.
- Provide medical and scientific support for medical education initiatives (e.g., speaker training).
- Deliver high quality medical education presentations in a variety of settings and obtain feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization.
- Professionally represent Dova at select medical meetings and programs and exhibit appropriate, ethical judgment, while following compliance guidelines, in the distribution of all written and/or verbal information.
- Assist clinical development in identifying potential investigators and sites for company sponsored clinical trials; support clinical trials as needed in collaboration with clinical operations/clinical research.
- Provide appropriate support for government researchers and healthcare providers interested in doing research with our products.
- Develop strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services.
- Provide and disseminate relevant medical and scientific information (within compliance guidelines) for healthcare provider education.
- Provide field-based medical and scientific information for responding to a request for medication information regarding Dova’s products and related therapeutic areas.
- Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for internal stakeholders.
- Provide medical and scientific training support to the sales force.
- Participate in internal therapeutic advisory groups and project teams.
- Provide local medical support for certain marketing-led initiatives.
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources.
- Serve as liaison between clinical investigators and internal stakeholders in support of investigator-initiated studies.
- Act as a liaison for investigator-initiated studies in collaboration with the internal Medical Affairs team.
- Provide support for corporate-sponsored studies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced scientific degree (M.D., D.O., Ph.D., Pharm.D.) or equivalent required.
- Clinical experience within relevant therapeutic areas preferred, but not required.
- Preferred 2+ years prior experience working as a Medical Science Liaison.
- An established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession.
- Has published significant relevant therapeutic research or has substantial patient care experience.
- Basic understanding of pharmaceutical industry practices and compliance measures, as well as standard medical practices in hepatology, hematology and gastroenterology, and broad therapeutic competency (e.g., keeps current with new information and trends in the field).
- Articulate during formal and informal presentations and ability to convey complex, scientific ideas fluently to any audience.
- Ability to tactfully provide scientifically-sound constructive feedback to national, regional, and local KOLs and speakers
- Excellent listening skills and adept at confidently stating expert opinions while respecting the positions of others (i.e., can exert diplomacy while standing firm on a position).
- Utilize effective, professional communications to cultivate and nurture strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Must have an understanding of the clinical trial and investigator-initiated study processes.
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills.
- Proactive and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Travel requirements: 60% of the week with weekend travel as needed.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. We offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.