Dova is currently recruiting an Associate Director, Commercial Analytics to join our team in Durham, NC, reporting to our Head of Commercial Analytics. In the role of Associate Director, Commercial Analytics, you will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of data, systems, reporting, and processes for supporting the sales force, managed markets, and marketing are operating such that those internal customers are enabled to perform their roles without interruption. The primary focus will be to analyze sales, promotional spend and market access across multiple perspectives. You will utilize applications such as R, Python, SAS, Tableau or Qlik and Excel to perform analytics that unveil key insights to enhance net sales and profitability.
To be successful in this role, you must work cross-functionally with sales and marketing management to analyze sales and promotional activities to develop and execute analysis on sales performance and promotional response. You will employ both traditional statistical approaches and more advanced data mining and algorithmic techniques to identify key opportunities to increase sales and profit.
- Manipulation of data for analysis using SAS, Python, and R, as well, as Excel, and ability to present results and recommendation to the Head of Commercial Analytics, members of the Executive Leadership team and Board, as required.
- Contribute strategically to the overall sales execution for Dova brands.
- Work cross-functionally to navigate, develop, and implement sales reporting with IT and third-party vendors.
- Manage third-party vendors associated with sales reporting and analytics to ensure on-time delivery of sales reports and operational analytics.
- Monitor and assess the ROI on key commercial programs.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with sales force, managed markets and marketing to understand business strategy and tactics.
- Represent brand-specific approaches to the broader team to ensure consistency across a growing portfolio, learn from others and proactively share and seek advice on complex situations.
- Champions compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency in process and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, operations research, applied engineering or similar required. Advanced degree in related area is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or similar role.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and/or biotech business with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably over 5 years.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including pharmaceutical-related database tools such as those from IMS, Symphony, and other data providers.
- Ability to program in R or SAS to manipulate and statistically analyze data. Programming in Python and other data manipulation software is preferred.
- Excellent statistical knowledge, including various forms of regression analysis and algorithmic techniques to develop both explanatory and predictive models.
- Ability to translate business problems into a statistical solution.
- Ability to prepare and transform (e.g., normalization) data prior to analytics, as well as execute and interpret statistical modeling.
- Ability to act independently and to be proactive.
- In-depth knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment is required.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%; domestic and international).
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a stellar track record, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. At our Durham office, we provide a sleek and high-tech work environment with glass walls and adjustable desks. All employees are issued laptops, have access to a stocked kitchen, and are included in Free Lunch Fridays! We also offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.